Mothers Day is this Sunday. Check out some of these places for a fun day with your little one.
- Bohomini will be hosting a Mama and Me African Tea Party from 11 AM till 2 PM this Sunday and Saturday, May 26th. Guests will get to decorate teapots with African inspired designs, learn Afro Caribbean dances, hear an African folktale, and enjoy tea, juice and treats from the continent. This event is designed for children ages four through 12-years-old and children must be accompanied by an adult.
For additional details and to register visit bohomini.com
- Getting a little exercise on Mother’s Day can be fun if you visit AirTime Trampoline Park in Warren. Moms jump for free on Mother’s Day.
AirTime of Westland is located at 36901 Warren rd, Westland MI, 48185.
- Take part in a special Mother’s Day Celebration at the Pontiac Public Library on May 12th. From 3 PM till 5 PM, you have the opportunity to share a Mother’s Day story, decorate a cupcake, and children can sing a lovely Mother’s Day song to their special person. Participants can also enter a drawing for a potted flower plant prize.
Pontiac Public Library is located at 60 East Pike Street, Pontiac.
- Tigers Fans, don’t miss Pink Out the Park Day, and see the Tigers go up against the Seattle Mariners. The first 10,000 fans will receive a Pink Out The Park Hat to celebrate.
- Visit the War Memorial in Detroit for a Mother’s day Brunch. Tickets for adults are $35, children 12 and under are $15. Reserve your spot at warmemorial.org
- The Henry Ford Museum will hold its annual brunch at The Henry Ford’s Lovett Hall Ballroom. “A menu prepared by The Henry Ford’s award-winning catering staff is sure to please any palate, with choices including simple yet elegant pastries and fruits, create-your-own omelet and waffle stations, roast beef and salmon carving stations and entrees such as lemon rosemary roast chicken, cavatapi in pesto cream and potato-crusted whitefish with cucumber dill sauce – all followed up with a dessert table and sweets station.” Prices for non-members are $58 for ages 13 and up, $29 for youth ages five to 12; member prices are $49 and $25, respectively. Kids four and under are free, and reservations are required.
- Send mom to see the Broadway musical On Your Feet! at the Fisher Theatre. Tickets start at $39.
- Hear a special Mothers Day story at Barnes and Noble Fairlane Green. Books to be read are I’ve Loved You Since Forever by Hoda Kotb and Everything Is Mama by Jimmy Fallon. This event starts at 11 AM with activities to follow.
Fairlane Green is located at 3120 Fairlane Drive, Allen Park.