There is hardly a better cold weather drink than hot chocolate. If you want to know how to make the perfect cup, look no further.
Nutella Hot Chocolate by Karina from CafeDelites.com
Combining the richness of Nutella with the creaminess of milk is a treat that will warm your spirits!
- 4 cups low fat/skim milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Crushed hazelnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Extra Nutella
- Heat milk in a medium sized saucepan on medium-high heat until beginning to warm and steam. Add the spread, cocoa powder and sugar, and whisk until dissolved and combined. Bring to a gentle simmer while stirring, and take off heat.
- Serve with your desired toppings.
White Hot Chocolate by Kristin rrom YellowBlissroad.com
If you aren’t a fan of milk chocolate, this recipe is for you!
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 8 ounces good quality white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream marshmallows, sprinkles (optional, for serving)
- Add all ingredients to a medium pot over medium heat. Heat, whisking frequently, until the chocolate chips have melted and the hot chocolate is smooth. Do not allow the hot chocolate to boil. Serve warm with whipped cream or marshmallows and enjoy!
Creamy Hot Cocoa by Jeanie Bean from AllRecipies.com
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 ½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- Combine the cocoa, sugar and pinch of salt in a saucepan. Blend in the boiling water. Bring this mixture to an easy boil while you stir. Simmer and stir for about 2 minutes. Watch that it doesn’t scorch. Stir in 3 ½ cups of milk and heat until very hot, but do not boil! Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide between 4 mugs. Add the cream to the mugs of cocoa to cool it to drinking temperature.